SIGN UP AS IT WARMS UP!
Five Outdoor Retail Signage Ideas for Summer
Given that more prospects are outdoors during the summer months, it may pay to increase your presence with more exterior promotional signage during the season.
Of course, you will not only be appealing to a greater number of people, but also competing with more potential distractions. Other businesses (and their signs), intense sunlight, blooming flowers and even people dressed in colorful summer clothing may all draw the eyes of shoppers away from your signs.
Here are five tips on how to make the most of your summertime signage opportunities:
- Brighten up. Consider using more colorful signage designs for summer, but be sure to keep your brand standards in mind. For example: Use varying shades of your corporate colors and add brighter hues for a lighter summertime look.
- Sale on! Businesses with access to outdoor spaces can offer outdoor shopping experiences like tent sales. Alternately you might try sidewalk sales. In fact, many downtown shopping districts set aside summer weekend days for all retailers to participate.
- Appeal to pedestrians. A-frame signs are an easy and affordable way for retailers and restaurants alike to entice window-shoppers to come inside. You can custom design your A-frame signs or employ chalkboard or whiteboard types that enable you to write in sales or specials on a daily basis.
- Hang a banner. Mount pole banners outside your store or use a building-side banner if you have a wall that faces vehicular or pedestrian traffic. Of course, a large hanging banner over your storefront is another impossible-to-miss way to draw attention to your location and its products or services!
- Apply window clings. Vinyl graphics that are readily repositionable and easily removable, window (static) clings are another great summertime signage solution. Consider a perforated type that is viewable one way (e.g., from the outside) but lets those on the inside see out.
Let an expert be your guide. Experienced in all aspects of retail signage, Signs Now will help you select from many outdoor signage options that best meet your objectives. To get started, contact us today. And have a great summer!Back