Custom Awnings in Davenport
Cover all your bases with custom awnings for your building or storefront.
Awnings go beyond just providing shade: they protect your storefront from inclement weather, offer protection from the sun, and afford a prime location for your logo and branding. With a little help from Signs Now Davenport, you can design custom awnings for your building to match your overall aesthetic while delivering the professional first impression you want guests to receive.
While the concept of the awning is steeped in traditionalism, the design of a contemporary awning can be forward-thinking, modern or retro! Whether you own or operate a restaurant, hotel, retail store or any other service-based company, you’ll be able to work with the design team at Signs Now Davenport to find a style that best complements your brand.
What kinds of fabric are available for custom awnings?
At Signs Now Davenport,we offer a number of fabric options available to you when it comes to designing your custom awning, including:
- Acrylic: An upscale material with a unique feel, acrylic fabric is breathable, moisture-wicking and aesthetically pleasing. Since color pigment is an integral part of the acrylic fiber creation process, your color won’t wash out for years, even under consistent rain.
- Cotton: Heavy and plain-woven, this fabric is ideal for businesses located in extremely cold climates.
- Polyester: Semi-translucent and wrinkle-resistant, polyester has been a classic choice for awnings for years, whether on its own or under a laminated coating.
- Shade Cloth: This is the material most closely associated with residential, retractable awnings – though you can use it for your business, too! These can be made from a vinyl and polyethene mesh and are often designed with foldability in mind.
- Vinyl: The workhorse of many different sign options, vinyl fabric is a go-to choice for numerous reasons. It’s resistant to UV light, mildew, water and wrinkles, and can stand up to the toughest weather and can feature brilliant colors and graphics that won’t fade away.
What are the benefits of installing a custom awning?
There are several benefits to having an awning installed, though it may not be the first sign choice that pops into your mind when designing the exterior of your building. They include:
- Branding & Identification: Logos and graphics can be a difference-maker when it comes to driving pedestrian foot traffic to your location. Unlike other sign options, awnings jut out onto a sidewalk or street, ensuring everyone on the block can clearly see you from many angles.
- Visual Appeal: Awnings exude a certain small-town charm that other kinds of outdoor signs simply can’t emulate. They’re the perfect choice for when you want a classic atmosphere for your building.
- Improved Comfort: Whether providing shade on a hot summer day, or shelter on a windy or rainy night, awnings can help improve the comfort of both customers and employees.
- Energy Savings: Less sun beating down from the outside means less ambient heat inside during the warmer months of the year, which can lead to smaller energy bills.
- Protection: Ultraviolet rays can have a damaging effect on your interior, especially after lengthy exposure. Prevent fading by adding an awning that shades the inside of your building.
When you’re ready to start designing custom awnings for your building, contact the team at Signs Now Davenport to get started with a free consultation.
Call Signs Now Davenport at (563) 391-5632 for more information.