Banners & Flags in Jeffersonville
Take to the skies with personalized banners and flags.
Most companies have heard of banners and their benefits: their ability to reach a large amount of people outdoors and indoors, to spur impulse decisions, and to build brand awareness without high upfront costs. Likewise, businesses and organizations have often used flags to add flair and provide wayfinding signage alongside their event tents and storefronts.
But what makes the advertising message of a banner or flag fly high, rather than sputter to the ground? Well, a number of factors – size, color, shape, material, type – must all work together in harmony.
At Signs Now, we know the ins-and-outs of custom banner designs. We also believe that collaboration with our partners is key, and that every aspect of a business relationship must also mesh well, just like the design elements of signage and banners.
While we can produce a custom banner or a flag for every and any occasion, it’s important our potential customers stay informed about their options, and how they will affect their marketing efforts. So, read on and discover what we have to offer at Signs Now.
What are the main types of banners and flags?
- Vinyl Banners – Vinyl banners have been mainstays of the advertising industry for the last fifty years. Advancements in electrostatic printing technology have made vinyl banners affordable for consumers and small businesses alike.
- Banners constructed of vinyl, in comparison to other materials, are better suited to outdoor applications – though they certainly can be used indoors as well! Their resistance to moisture and weathering means they won’t fade as easily.
- Vinyl cannot be folded like cloth and fabric materials, however; vinyl banners should be rolled or they will permanently crease.
- Mesh Banners – Mesh banners are a subtype of vinyl banner. They are digitally printed in full-color using ten-ounce and eight-ounce vinyl. This type of banner is primarily used outdoors because of its wind resistance.
- The mesh-like material is woven in a crisscross pattern, allowing air and sound to pass through.
- This design prevents mesh banners from flying away in adverse weather conditions, as well as vibration-heavy environments (like concerts and festivals).
- This type of material is crease-resistant and easy to store. A large fabric banner could be transported in the front passenger seat of your car, which is more than can be said for vinyl banners.
- While they offer the highest quality images, they can fade under constant sunlight and run the risk of tearing in inclement weather.
- Fabric Banners – Fabric banners are almost exclusively designed for indoor use, and for good reason. Their polyester/satin consistency provides stunning graphics and a mesmerizing color gamut that can only really be appreciated in well-lighted interior spaces.
- Step and Repeat Banners – You’ve likely seen these banners at star-studded events and promotional outings that have a large press presence. Journalists, PR representatives and photographers need a neutral background for a variety of purposes. Often, event holders will take advantage of this and use it as a branding opportunity. As a result, step and repeat banners feature a logo or design repeated along a single-color backdrop as a means of killing two birds with one stone – advertising and uniformity.
- Suspended Banners – While this term covers a wide variety of hanging banners, the typical suspended banner is hung from the upper-left and upper-right corners of the material via grommets and wires or ropes. For other suspended banners, alternative frames exist for securing the heavier weight associated with larger dimensions.
- Feather Flags – Also known as pennant banners, teardrop flags and roadside flags, Pole Banners – These pole-suspended signs hang above sidewalks, adding charm to walkable neighborhoods and ushering pedestrians into street-side businesses. Because of their positioning, pole banners have the advantage of extended visibility.
What are the most popular uses for banners and flags?
- Anniversaries for Retail Stores
- Birthday Parties
- Local and Municipal Events
- Stadiums and Sporting Events
- Trade Shows
- Limited-Time Sales
- Roadside Advertising
- Product Launches
- Grand Openings
- Entertainment Premiers
What are the most common banner sizes?
- 2’ x 4’
- 3’ x 6’
- 4’ x 6’
- 5’ x 10’
- 2’ x 6’
- 3’ x 8’
- 4’ x 8’
- 5’ x 12’
- 2’ x 8’
- 3’ x 9’
- 4’ x 10’
- 5’ x 20’
- 2’ x 12’
- 3’ x 12’
- 4’ x 20’
- 5’ x 30’
How thick should my banner be?
Most banners are available in two degrees of thickness: 13oz and 18oz. We recommend 13oz for most indoor and outdoor applications, and 18oz for select outdoor services.
Now, we know what you may be thinking: “Ounces are a measurement of weight, not width!” But thickness in the signage industry is based on the weight per square yard. So, an 18oz banner will weigh 18oz for every nine square feet of material.
What other attributes should I consider?
- Pole Pocket or Grommets? – If you plan on suspending your banners above an expansive boulevard or a crowded trade expo, you’ll need a way to hang them. Your decision may come down to logistics: Is there ample room for a pole to extend from a wall or platform, or will you have to employ wire or rope?
- Single-sided or Double-Sided? – While not necessarily a hard decision (much of it comes down to personal preference), you’ll have to consider whether you intend on hanging your banner flat against a wall or at a location where it may be viewed from both sides. A double-sided freestanding banner will gain more impressions than a single-sided one, so it’s an option worth considering.
Ready to take the next step with banners and flags?
Contact us today to set up a consultation. We’ll discuss your needs and find the solution best suited to your business. You can count on Signs Now Jeffersonville for measurement, design and permitting (when required) as well as mounting or installation. Every location is a local source for custom graphics, signage and displays. Second-to-none in delivery time and quality signs, at Signs Now, we take banners and flags seriously.
Call Signs Now Jeffersonville at (812) 282-2440 for more information.