Custom Plaques & Engravings in Jeffersonville
Celebrate, commemorate or pay tribute with custom plaques and engravings.
We all want to recognize others or be acknowledged by others; custom plaques and engravings allow your business or organization to do precisely that – and more. Are you commemorating a parcel of land, identifying a sculpture, honoring an employee achievement, or recognizing a corporate milestone? Different occasions call for personalized signage solutions. At Signs Now Jeffersonville, we’ll design a plaque with custom messaging and a professional finish for any memorial or gathering.
Whether crafted out of wood or engraved brass, plaques from Signs Now Jeffersonville will withstand the test of time. In fact, many plaques created centuries ago still stand today. And, interestingly enough, metal plaques are often employed to recognize a building of historical significance, further cementing their image as identifiers immune to the passage of time.
So, maybe forever is not your style. Well, our attractive options in acrylic and glass are certain to satisfy. With advanced laser engraving technology, we can etch logos, custom graphics, and even photographs. Let’s not overlook the fact that these smaller options still impress visitors, even while affixed to a wall or placed upon display shelves.
How does your company make engraved plaques?
Different materials call for different methodologies. There are four approaches we may take when fabricating a plaque, based on your unique needs and visual preferences. They are as follows:
- Diamond-Drag Engraving – Also know as scratch engraving, this method requires a non-rotating tool with a cone-shaped diamond tip. Dragged through metal with pressure, the diamond-tip will leave a quality engraving behind that resembles freehand writing. Not only will you get to brag that your plaque is “diamond-etched,” but you’ll be left with one of most visually-appealing styles of engraving money can buy.
- Rotary Engraving – This second method uses a single or multiple fluted spinning cutter in a motor-powered spindle to rout into the material. While this approach requires a wider selection of cutting tools, it allows us to engrave almost anything – from plastic to ceramic.
- Burnishing – If you’re familiar with burnished home décor, plaques undergo a similar process in this method. Once again, a rotating tool with a diamond or carbide tip is applied with limited pressure, but this time, the aim is to remove the top coating of the metal. The result is a smooth, polished finish that shines on trophies, plaques and award plates.
- Laser Engraving – Lasers use heat, rather than friction, to burn through wood, plastic, and glass rather than carving it away. Intricate designs that require crisp edges are no match for the 0.1- mm precision of a laser cutter!
What are some popular applications for engraved plaques?
No one should need an excuse for taking time to acknowledge an important event, milestone, or structure. Nevertheless, certain moments call for plaques again and again. Here are a few:
- Celebrating a success
- Commemorating a championship
- Expressing appreciation
- Honoring a special achievement
- Identifying a sculpture or historical site
- Labeling museum exhibits
- Observing an anniversary
- Recognizing a milestone, including the launch of a business
- Remembering the past
- Thanking a generous donor or volunteer
- Underscoring the importance of a founder’s quote, company mission statement or core values
What are types of engraved plaques?
- Award plaques
- Athletic plaques
- Commemorative plaques
- Department or team awards
- Employee award plaques
- Employee-of-the-month plaques
- Memorial plaques
- Recognition plaques
- Sales awards
- Service awards
- Sports plaques
- Top-performer plaques
- Additional custom-engraved solutions
What are the differences between engraved plaques and etched plaques?
The primary difference between the two involves material limitations. Etched plaques can be created with either lasers or mordants (material-eating acids). Laser-etching is incompatible with metals and certain plastics, emitting a noxious gas due to the high heat of the beam. Acid-etching, on the other hand, is only effective on metals.
Almost any material can be engraved without the danger associated with caustic chemicals. Plus, engraving is generally a faster process requiring less equipment.
While we’re sure you’ll be satisfied with either method, when it comes to fine detailing, there’s no comparison: computer-guided laser-etching is the way of the future.
Ready to take the next step with plaques?
Contact us today and set up a free quote. We’ll discuss your needs and find the solution best-suited to your business. You can count on Signs Now Jeffersonville for measurement, design, and permitting (when required) as well as mounting or installation. Every location is a local source for custom graphics, signage and displays. Second-to-none in delivery time and quality signs, at Signs Now® Jeffersonville we take plaques seriously.
Call Signs Now Jeffersonville at (812) 282-2440 for more information.