Signs Now Portland provides Directory Signs to Portland, Tigard, Beaverton, OR and surrounding areas..
Enhance the visitor experience with well-positioned directories.
Wayfinding refers to the directories, maps, signage, symbols and visual cues that guide people through a store, building or campus and enhance their experience as they walk (or drive) to their destination.
Whether used outdoors or inside, wayfinding signage impacts how visitors perceive your business. Well-executed solutions that enable people to find their destinations easily can improve their experience, whereas poorly thought-out or non-existing directional signs can lead to missteps and frustration.
Let the pros at Signs Now® show you the way to effective and affordable wayfinding signs. Our custom designs including the use of your logo and colors can enhance not only visitor confidence but also your décor or branding.
Consider the value of wayfinding
Some think that wayfinding is of value only in large places like shopping malls, office centers, condo complexes or healthcare and educational campuses. But even a coffee shop can benefit from wayfinding solutions of the type offered by Signs Now. After all, people will want to know where to line up, where to pay … and where’s the bathroom!
Don’t overlook the importance of outdoor wayfinding. In many locations, a good strategy begins at street side. Signs can direct drivers where to enter, where to park and which path to take to their destination — be it the delivery entrance to a factory or an athletic field on campus.
Know the types of wayfinding signs
When considering your signage needs with the team at Signs Now, it may help to become familiar with the four kinds of signs that are at the heart of any good wayfinding system:
- Directional signs: These are the signs that most people imagine when they think of wayfinding. Whether they feature arrows, text or both, directional signs guide visitors toward their intended destination. They’re typically posted at junctions and other places where someone might naturally pause and look for directions.
- Identification signs: These wayfinding signs do not offer directions. Instead, they identify the location of the visitor and point out specific landmarks. Examples might include maps that indicate “you are here” and building directories. Other examples include office numbers and signs used for naming departments, rooms, wings and other common destinations around a facility or within it.
- Informational signs: These signs enhance a visitor’s wayfinding experience by providing useful information along the way. Examples are signs that let drivers know which parking spots are reserved for visitors or ones that notify guests that a restaurant or hotel has free Wi-Fi.
- Regulatory signs: What rules apply to a facility or selected portions of it? Our regulatory signs provide the answers. In support of wayfinding, they notify visitors about - “Employees only,” “No smoking” or “Hard hats required” areas among many other things.
Benefit from custom wayfinding designs
While many wayfinding signs such as ones for safety lend themselves to standard, “off-the-shelf” solutions, most others would benefit from the customization offered by Signs Now.
Why? The visual cues offered in signs that adhere to a single design standard can reassure visitors they haven’t gone astray. For example, if your lobby sign features your logo and corporate colors of green and blue, apply the same design to all other signs throughout your facility.
- Corporate colors
Choose from a full array of wayfinding signs
Signs Now is your convenient, all-in-one source for wayfinding signs and directories of all types and for every budget. Need assistance in determining which ones are best for your location? We can help.
Our services extend to free onsite reviews. Together, we’ll walk (or drive) your store, office, building or campus to identify ways to enhance your wayfinding and, along with it, the satisfaction of your visitors or customers!
Our solutions may include:
- Acrylic wayfinding signs
- ADA signage
- Building directories
- Church directional signs
- Custom wayfinding signs
- Directional signs
- Directional yard signs
- Indoor wayfinding signs
- Lobby signs
- Office directories
- Office wayfinding signs
- Outdoor wayfinding signs
- Parking garage signs
- Parking lot signs
- Real estate directional signs
- Reception room sign
- Regulatory signs
- Restroom directional signs
- Room name signs
- Room numbers
- Rules signs
- Safety signs
- Traffic signs
- Warning signs
Ready to take the next step with wayfinding and directory signs?
Contact us today and set up a free quote. We’ll discuss your needs and find the solution best-suited to your business. You can count on Signs Now for measuring and design as well as mounting or installation. Every location is a local source for custom graphics, signage, and displays. Second-to-none in delivery time and quality signs, at Signs Now, we take wayfinding signs and directories seriously.
Call Signs Now Portland at (503) 252-0650 for more information.