“Cookies” or “Browser Cookies “are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the AFB Sites.
“Log Files” track actions occurring on the AFB Sites and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Organizational Data” means all non-public information about your business, affairs, customers, suppliers, plans, intentions, market opportunities, operations, processes, product information, including, without limitation, Personal Information received by or through the AFB Sites during the course of our business relationship.
“Non-Personal Information” is defined in Section B below.
“Personal Information” means any information which alone, or in combination with other information, can be used to identify a living person.
Information About you and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the AFB Sites, including information:
- Personal Information:
- Personal Information might include: (a) contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address); (b) credit card information (e.g. credit card number); (c) information regarding your preferences related to us or an AFB Site; (d) information regarding how you became aware of the AFB Sites; (e) business statistics; and/or (f) other personal or business data you provide to us. Personal Information also includes information about your activities, such as Log Files, information about your activity within an AFB Site, and demographic information, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies you.
- Non-Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our AFB Sites and usage details including IP Address, browser version, system type, page hits, number of visits, web pages viewed and the length of visits to the AFB Sites.
- Non-Personal Information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed.
- Organizational Data
- As defined above.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you purchase products or services on the AFB Sites, provide feedback on our products or services, request any offer or coupon made available on the AFB Sites, send questions, solicitations, inquires, critiques or comments to us, apply for a job online, or register for specific online programs, surveys, auctions or other transactions or activities. You are not required to provide Personal Information to access an AFB Site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our AFB Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registration such as first name, last name, and phone number, and when content is added within the web application. We may also ask you for information when you input a support request, so that we can help to resolve the issue.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the AFB Sites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our AFB Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our AFB Sites, which may include IP Address, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the AFB Sites, including Log Files.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, IP Geolocation, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on AFB Sites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, and Organizational Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our AFB Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our AFB Sites according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our AFB Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the AFB Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AFB, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related AFB Sites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain AFB Sites content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also collect and store statistics and other Non-Personal information about the online activities of our visitors on an aggregate basis.
For reasons such as improving your experience at our AFB Sites or personalizing our AFB Sites to you (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we may supplement the information that you provide with information from third parties.
Do Not Track
We do not track users across the web and therefore do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
We do not authorize third parties to collect Personal Information from visitors of the AFB Sites for third party use without the visitor’s consent.
The AFB Sites are not intended for children under 17 years of age. AFB will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children 17 years of age or younger. When you disclose Personal Information on the AFB Sites, you are representing to us that you are 18 years of age or older. If a person 17 years of age or younger has provided Personal Information to us, a parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove such Personal Information from our active databases.
Using Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the AFB Sites and the contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the AFB Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the AFB Sites.
- To store data and backup that data.
- To track client information and prospective client information for purposes of marketing and accounting.
- To collect information about your experience with the application, and to notify us of any delays or interruptions in your experience.
- To communicate with you to notify you of actions taken in the system, or when your attention is needed to view or complete an item.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Personal Information that you provide will be available to us and our agents, representatives, franchisees and licensees (each an “AFB Party” and collectively, the “AFB Parties” ), as well as AFB’s trusted third-party service providers and contractors (collectively, “Third-Party Providers”). By submitting Personal Information, you grant to the AFB Parties and the Third-Party Providers a license to use such Personal Information for the purposes described in this section. The AFB Parties and Third-Party Providers may also use your Personal Information, alone or in combination with the information submitted by other users, to improve the AFB Sites’ navigation or infrastructure, in internal marketing analyses or reviews, and for other administrative purposes. Additionally, unless you notify us to the contrary, any AFB Party may use your Personal Information in the future to provide you with information on products, services, special offers and/or deals. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications or allow an AFB Party to use your Personal Information in such a manner, please contact us in the manner identified in the "Opt-Out" section below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you are located in Canada, no AFB Party will use your Personal Information to send you information on products, services, special offers and/or deals unless you request to receive such information.
We also might use Non-Personal Information to improve your experience on the AFB Sites and to enhance the AFB Sites. By using the AFB Sites, you grant the AFB Parties and any Third Party Provider a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, reproduce, cache, store, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and transmit such Non-Personal Information for any purpose, and waive any moral rights and publicity rights in such Non-Personal Information.
If you choose to opt-out from allowing the AFB Parties to use your Personal Information in the future to provide you with special offers/marketing communications, simply contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, “Opt-out” instructions are contained in each special offer/marketing communication sent to you. Upon receipt and processing of an "opt-out" request, we will, within a commercially reasonable amount of time, remove your information from any listings used to provide you with special offers/marketing communications from AFB Parties in the future. Please note that we may occasionally contact you for administrative purposes even if you unsubscribe from our email list.
Access to, Transfer, Deletion or Amending Personal Information
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you; (ii) request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked; (iii) request that we delete part or all of any Personal Information we hold about you; (iv) request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Information; and (v) request that we provide you or a third party with a copy of certain Personal Information about you (that is referred to as the right of “data portability”).
You may request access to, review, change, or request the deletion of your Personal Information and preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We will then take all reasonable efforts to correct or remove your Personal Information from our active database. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Information to be incorrect.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you close your account, we will retain your Personal Information for a period where it is necessary to continue operating our business effectively, to maintain a record of your transactions for reporting purposes until this purpose no longer exists, and to retain as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our AFB Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to or write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write Alliance Franchise Brands LLC, Attention: Data Governance Committee, 47585 Galleon Drive, Plymouth, Michigan 48170-2466.
Your Canadian Privacy Rights
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective and we cannot guaranty the safety or security of your information. You understand that your use of the AFB Sites and submission of information to us is at your own risk.
Limits on Our Abilities