Outdoor Banners in Erie
Draw in motorists and pedestrians alike with custom outdoor banners.
If you want a tried-and-true solution to generating interest in your brand, product, service, or event, outdoor banners are an absolute must-have. Smart marketers have been taking their signage outdoors for over a hundred years. And that was before the heyday of motor vehicles; nowadays, you can take advantage of both pedestrian and motor traffic!
Outdoor banners, unlike permanent signage installations, are versatile and portable. And at Signs Now, we partner with our clients to deliver custom banners at an affordable price.
Building a brand requires repeated exposure. Placed in the right, exterior location, banners can garner thousands of impressions a day. So, scroll down to learn more about the characteristics and benefits of outdoor banners that you can make use of in your advertising strategy.
What makes for great outdoor banner design?
- Start with a high-quality image.
- Remember: outdoor banners are large – often very large. If you plan on using your own pictures rather than custom graphics, make sure the file resolution is sufficiently high.
- Vector images are superior to bitmap formats, so make sure to use them as much as possible. Why, you ask? We’ll try not to get too technical, but basically, it goes like this: bitmap images are comprised of individual pixels, and as such, are inherently jagged. Vector images are defined by mathematical equations, meaning they’re almost infinitely scalable – perfect for a banner of any size.
- Fonts matter.
- Let’s start with the obvious: your outdoor banners will have to be read from a distance. We recommend sans-serif type fonts for maximum readability, as well as wide spacing between letters.
- As a counterpoint, bigger is not always better. Capitalizing every letter actually obscures the messaging of a banner from a distance. The letters bleed together to form a rectangle to passing motorists until they draw closer.
- Colors should contrast well.
- Pick a background color that will juxtapose well with the lettering and full-color graphics you’ve chosen. Use a color wheel if you’re experiencing difficulty figuring out which colors coordinate with each other properly.
- Don’t be afraid to read up on color psychology. Reds tend to induce excitement, cheerfulness, and vivacity, while blue evokes trustworthiness, tranquility, and calm. Go with colors that fit your business’s personality.
- Simplicity goes a long way.
- Don’t clutter your banner design with unnecessary details. After all, outdoor banners are meant to be read and absorbed before people zoom past them.
What are the most common types of outdoor banners?
- Vinyl Banners – Vinyl is the de-facto standard in the world of banner printing. Outdoor vinyl banners are inexpensive, affordable, and durable. UV-resistant ink and weatherproof coating also means that their longevity is better than ever.
- Mesh Banners – To put it simply, mesh banners are vinyl banners with holes in them. Now, why would anyone want a banner with holes in it? And the answer is: heavy wind! Mesh banners are wind resistant. While the porous structure of mesh banners means they’re slightly transparent, bold graphics and clear typography go a long way in increasing visibility.
- Pole & Boulevard Banners – Often referred to as lamppost banners, street banners, or avenue banners, pole banners feature two hemmed pole pockets, which sit at both the top and bottom of the rectangular strip of material. They are displayed on lamps and light posts above busy roadways, principally for city-wide events and festivals.
- Canvas Banners – Printed on a white, woven polyester fabric, outdoor canvas banners are perfect for upscale, lighted environments. They sport a non-reflective, matte finish for subtle accenting. While they are not as rugged as mesh banners, they handle most outdoor conditions with aplomb, the only exception being rain and snow.
What are some popular uses for outdoor banners?
- Advertising banners
- Birthday banners
- Business banners
- Celebration banners
- Church banners
- Civic banners
- Concert banners
- Convention banners
- Event banners
- Fair banners
- Golf tournament banners
- Graduation banners
- Grand opening banners
- Holiday banners
- Military banners
- Movie premiere banners
- Parade banners
- Political banners
- Real estate banners
- Red carpet event banners
- Sale banners
- School banners
- Sports team banners
- Sporting event banners
- Trade show banners
How long will an outdoor banner last?
While longevity will vary depending on the geographic region you’re located in, most outdoor banners will last three years or longer. Prolonged exposure to the sun or moisture will accelerate the process of fading and deterioration.
Regular washing with a wet rag and warm water can prolong the life of your banner, and renew the sheen of your custom graphics. We recommend avoiding chemical cleaners.
Related Blog - Deliver Your Message Effectively With Well-Designed Trade Show Booths, Tents And POP Displays.
Ready to take the next step with outdoor banners?
Contact us today and set up a consultation. We’ll discuss your needs and find the solution best-suited to your business. You can count on Signs Now for measurement, design, and permitting (when required) as well as mounting or installation. Every location is a local source for custom graphics, signage and displays. Second-to-none in delivery time and quality signs, at Signs Now, we take outdoor banners seriously.
Call Signs Now Erie at (814) 453-6564 for more information.